Monday, April 24, 2006

Ireland? Scotland?

Some weeks ago I sent a mail to David Davies, the guy who will fix the job for the students who signed up for trainee jobs abroad this summer. I signed up for Ireland as my 1st choice, and Scotland as my 2nd choice. Anyhow, David replied and said that I got my place and that all places to Ireland was almost done.
That was my first hint to that I will go to Ireland.

Now, I had planned to go there with two friends, Sofie and Emma. To make it easier to find jobs for us, we decided to being open for splitting us three. We said that I could go with Sofie, and Emma could go with someone else, but then we wanted to have jobs pretty close to each others, so we could meet up sometimes. We did not want to leave anyone of us three outside.

Last week, Emma got a mail from David Davies, in which is said she had a place ready in Loch Lomond, Scotland. Awesome! Would we all go to Scotland? Bagpipes, castles and highlands!!!
I waited for me to get a mail, but never got any, so I asked Sofie to send him a mail, asking how it would be for us, who don't get to know anything. I felt like not sending a mail, since I recently mailed and asked about it myself.
In this reply to Sofie, he said she was going to work at a place called Leades House, Ireland.

Wow! I just have to work with Sofie! That was the deal from the beginning, no?
But who will Emma go with? And.. Why don't I get a mail?
I so want to go to Ireland. I googled Leades House, and got a suiting hit.
Leades Environmental Awareness Project
Scroll down and you will find it on that list.

It's basically a farm with animals and a big garden and forests and so on, which will be our job to take care of. For me, it sounds perfect being outside and work with environmental things.

Anyhow, I sent David a mail now, asking if I'd work on the same place as Sofie. Hopefully I will get an answer tomorrow.

0 comments: